Adfinitas Health is the largest Physician owned and managed inpatient group in the Mid-Atlantic Region. We are growing nationally and seeking to add Hospitalist and Post-Acute Providers to our team! Adfinitas Health provides quality care in more than 60 Acute and Post-Acute Care facilities centered around providing continuity of care to our patients and streamlined communication to our primary care partners. Our innovative and quality driven programs provide opportunity for clinical and leadership education to offer professional growth to our providers.
With supervisory and management responsibility, the Director of Operations is expected to manage operations of hospital programs assigned to “region.” Medical Directors, lead advanced practice providers, and on-site administrative support professionals will report to the Director of Operations. This person will be responsible for ensuring each program achieves its financial and operational goals by developing innovative solutions to achieve results and consistently improve performance. The Director of Operations is responsible for leading teams to align with the goals of Adfinitas Health and our hospital partners.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
The following list reflects essential duties and responsibilities. Leadership may reassign, reallocate, or add any responsibilities to this list at any time. This list is meant to provide an overview and is non-exhaustive. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Managing daily field operations at sites/programs assigned to “region”
- Leading and managing clinical teams comprising physicians, physician assistant, and nurse practitioners
- Ensuring 100% compliance daily scheduling requirements
- Establishing and monitoring appropriate staffing requirements to ensure all shifts are filled and remain in line with site P&L statements
- Coordinating with recruiting and site medical directors to help select new candidates
- Ensuring candidates are advancing through the credentialing process in a timely fashion
- Managing day-to-day HR and performance issues in consultation with HR
- Managing daily program operations to optimize performance and efficiency (e.g., staffing models, utilization rates, throughput, etc.)
- Ensuring each assigned program achieves or exceeds its contractually-established quality targets
- Implementing and managing incentive criteria for providers
- Managing the financial performance of each site/program
- Establish and maintain relationships with hospital administrations to be responsive to the customers’ needs
- Leading monthly meetings with each site/program’s leads and administrations
- Helping to negotiate contracts with hospitals and health care providers
- Responsible for business development within existing sites/programs
- Responsible for coordinating and leading new program implementation with VP of New Program Integration
The following is a list of personal and professional competencies that must be present to succeed in this role.
- Demonstrated experience of the following qualities and characteristics: ethics and values; business judgment; innovative thinking; a problem-solving and solution-focused mindset; and strategic and organizational agility.
- Highly effective verbal and written communication skills are necessary in dealing with a variety of healthcare and finance professionals, including internal senior management and external clients.
- Demonstrated and proven management skills with a proven track record in leading multidisciplinary and remotely-located teams.
- Ability to develop and evaluate complex financial and operational performance data, requiring attention to detail and the ability to interpret and validate complex data.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE QUALIFICATIONS:
- Bachelor’s degree (preferably in business or health care/public policy management) is required
- MBA/MPH/MHA/MPP or similar graduation education is highly preferred
- 6-8+ years of work experience (preferably in operations and/or health care) is required
- 4-6+ years of direct management and leadership experience is required
- Up to 50% travel is required